Celebrities You’d Be Surprised to Know that had Previously Bad Teeth and Facts on Getting Dental Implant in Singapore
Maintaining a healthy set of teeth is hard work. Since childhood, we have been taught and reminded how properly brushing our pearly whites and skipping sweets are important if we want to keep them for the rest of our lives. But, as some would agree, good habits are pretty hard to develop. It would be later on in life that they would realise that the consequences of not practising appropriate oral hygiene is even harder to take, especially when there is little to no chance to save the teeth from falling out.
Regret comes last, as they say. However, people who have lost a tooth or a few pieces of teeth can rejoice and climb out their pit of regret as lost teeth can now be replaced with dental implants!
If you should know, a lot of individuals have gotten dental implants in Singapore through the years. This choice has been beneficial, not only in boosting their confidence but also in improving their overall health and quality of life. Dental Designs is a clinic that is an expert in providing dental implants services and they provide us with celebrity scoop on who has dental implants and of what to expect before deciding to get one in Singapore.
First things first, why do we lose a tooth?
The only natural way we lose our teeth is when they transition from baby teeth to permanent ones, which happens during childhood. Other reasons aside from this are, of course, unnatural occurrences and may be caused by various factors, such as:
- Gum disease
- Physical injury
- Other complications as a result of different body diseases, improper nutrition, and smoking
What happens when we lose a tooth or have several missing teeth?
Losing a tooth or two may not have a major impact, but this would also depend on where the lost tooth is located. A missing tooth that is located upfront can make an obvious gap; it can affect your smile and speech. Lost teeth located at the back of the mouth can cause challenges in eating.
Loss of a great number of teeth can alter the shape of your face and also change your bite as the remaining teeth may shift to the empty spaces.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that are similar to metal screws. These are wedged in the jawbone and serve as a secure base for providing support to the artificial teeth (crowns).
A dental implant mainly consists of three individual pieces:
- The fixture – Serves as the support and is the part that is embedded in the jawbone. It is made out of titanium.
- The abutment – Serves as the connector which holds and supports the crown of the implant. This is placed on top of the fixture.
- The prosthesis – Serves as the replacement tooth and is called the crown. This is either cemented or screwed into the abutment.
What are the advantages of dental implants?
Aside from its aesthetic benefits, especially when you have lost your two front teeth, dental implants can improve your bite, the way you eat and speak. Implants are also made to last for the rest for several decades, given that you take good care of them. Having dental implants can also prevent bone loss in your jaw.
What are the disadvantages of dental implants?
Getting a dental implant is not a onetime trip to your dentist. The complete procedure may take months as your doctor will need to wait for the fixture to heal completely before placing the prosthesis in place.
As it is a surgical procedure, patients will need to be in their best physical health in order to undergo the procedure.
A dental implant surgery is also costly but may be covered by health insurances if you have one.
Who are the celebrities that have dental implants?
You may be shocked that even celebrities have had bad teeth at one point in their lives. In fact, some of those who are known for their brightest smile have actually undergone a dental implant surgery. Curious to know who they are? Here’s the list:
- Christie Brinkley – Model and actress Christie Brinkley’s gorgeous smile actually consists of dental implants. She was involved in an helicopter accident back in 1994 that caused injuries, which resulted in the loss of her two molars. Dental implants solved that problem for her.
- Morgan Freeman – Before receiving dental implants and teeth whitening, actor Morgan Freeman had extensive gaps in between his front teeth.
- Chris Rock – Funny man Chris Rock did not always have a perfect smile. With the nature of his work, having a great smile is definitely a must. Chris Rock turned to dental implants to have some missing teeth replaced.
Repairing that smile and improving your body’s whole health can definitely be done by having dental implants. Even celebrities have done this, so there is no reason for you to have second thoughts in choosing to replace your lost teeth.
120 Telok Ayer St,
+65 6221 8284