Everything You Need to Know about Dysport in Singapore
As human beings advance in age, we begin to notice fine lines and wrinkles. These are a result of skin failing to efficiently repair itself in the elastic fibres. As it heals itself over time, the skin extends and contracts. However, due to advancement in age, this process is not as efficient causing the connective tissue in the skin to thicken and eventually scar. Dysport is a popular treatment for reversing the signs of ageing.
Let’s discover more about Dysport in Singapore.
What exactly is Dysport treatment?
Dysport treatment involves the injection of a tiny amount of Dysport into the dermis of the skin. This helps to increase the amount of collagen in the skin which ultimately reduces the appearance of wrinkles.
One of the main reasons why Dysport is so popular is due to the immediate results. Patients can get the treatment in the face muscles as well as the neck, the forehead, and the nose area.
The main ingredient in Dysport is botulinum toxin which is a more liquid version of Botox. Dysport is the quickest way to achieve a younger and vibrant looking skin. People with mild wrinkles notice an immediate change in appearance immediately after the treatment.
Dysport for people in entertainment
For people in the entertainment industry who have to spend a considerable amount of their time in front of the camera, Dysport is an excellent solution for improving your appearance. There is no downtime and you can resume normal activities almost immediately.
Whether you are a musician, artist, actor or blogger, your appearance is a significant part of your career.
Furthermore, even with two or three treatments per year, it is still comparatively cheaper than a surgical operation.
How to choose the best Dysport clinic in Singapore
When searching for a clinic and doctor for Dysport treatment, make sure to do your homework and find one like Dr Israr Wong with many years of experience. This will help minimize the chances of something going wrong.
Dysport is a non-surgical and therefore noninvasive technique. It is not only the fastest way to see a rejuvenation of the skin, but it is also a cheap and affordable solution for face lifting. The cost of Dysport falls anywhere between $700-1200. Considering that facelift surgery is 4 times as much, it is well worth considering.
Main advantages of Dysport
Like any type of cosmetic treatment, Dysport has its fair share of pros and cons. The advantages include:
- Results in a younger look – Dysport tightens the skin and reduces the appearance of wrinkles. The result is vibrant and young-looking skin. Moreover, Dysport results in the production of more collagen.
- It is affordable – Dysport is the cheapest facial cosmetic treatment in Singapore. This is a great option for people who are on a budget. It is nearly 4 times cheaper than most cosmetic surgeries and since it is noninvasive, there are fewer risks involved.
- Immediate results – the results of Dysport are immediate. You can see a change in your appearance in a matter of minutes. Most surgeries require days or even weeks of downtime. This is not the case with Dysport and Singaporean women do not have to wait for the results.
Some disadvantages of Dysport
Just like with any other treatment, Dysport has its cons. These include:
- Uneven smile – this is one of the main reasons why it is important to choose a doctor with many years of experience. They can help avoid certain risks such as an uneven smile. While experienced doctors charge more, you can rest easy knowing that you received the best treatment.
- Pain – an experienced doctor will also analyze your situation and determine the best course of action. Some people will experience pain after the treatment. The right surgeon can help prevent this.
- Urticaria – some people may have a negative reaction to the Botox causing rashes or pale red bumps on the skin. Having skin urticaria is linked to allergies. Therefore, you must inform your doctor about past medical conditions before the treatment.
Dysport treatment procedure
This is a relatively simple process. After the patient contacts a doctor and arranges a consultation, the doctor will evaluate the patient and determine if they are suited for the treatment.
The procedure begins with a cleaning session where any make up and the facial oils are removed. Then the doctor marks the areas which will receive the injections.
After the patient receives treatment, they can resume normal activities. The results are immediate. However, depending on the patient and the situation, the results may take as long as 7 days.
What’s more, the patient can enjoy the benefits for the next 4 -6 months. Once the injections wear off, the patient can go back for another treatment.
Who should go in do for Dysport?
Old age can cause wrinkles but it is not the only factor. People who spend a lot of time in the sun may develop wrinkles early.
Dysport can reverse such negative effects. Furthermore, it contains less harmful chemicals compared to Botox.
For fast and reliable results, Dysport is a great option for achieving that young and vibrant look. If you are concerned that age is slowly catching up and you are not yet ready to give up that youthful look, then find a qualified doctor and clinic and schedule a consultation.
Dr Israr Wong
304 Orchard Road, Lucky Plaza Suites #05-42,
Medical Specialists, Singapore 238863
+65 9735 9930